Dr. Pinak Dasgupta is the best fistula surgeon in Chennai providing all types of laparoscopic and robotic surgeries as well as the best fistula surgery in Chennai. Because of their extensive training and knowledge in this field. Dr. Pinak Dasgupta is a Founder and Member of the Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists of Assam Association of Robotic and Innovative Surgeons. Furthermore, he has been an international faculty member in this field. He has done Fellowship Of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India (FACRSI) from KEM MUMBAI in 2015 He is a qualified robotic surgeon and colorectal surgeon and had been awarded a gold medal for fellowship in colorectal surgery by the EFIAGES ERODE in 2016. he has done Fellowship of AMASI (FMAS) NAGPUR in 2019. In his vast experience, he performed more than 10000+ laparoscopic surgeries. Also, he trained many surgeons for Laparoscopic Fistula surgery and publish papers on the international stage. His expertise in Laparoscopic surgery, 15+ years of experience, and unique skills make him one of the best Fistula specialists in Chennai, India.
Do you have pain and swelling around the anus, pus or blood in the anus, and severe rectal pain when passing stool? These are some common symptoms of anal fistula. If you are experiencing any of these, consult Dr. Pinak Dasgupta Fistula Specialist Doctor in Chennai. and diagnose and treat.
GEM Hospital is the best fistula clinic in Chennai. Dr. Pinak treats the anal fistula gracefully and efficiently. He acquired and learned the best treatment and skills to operate various types of fistula without surgery. He specializes in providing excellent diagnostic and therapeutic care for fistula-in-ano.
What is Anal Fistula?
An anal fistula is an abnormal connection between the anal canal and the perianal skin. Pristine Care offers the latest minimally invasive laser technology to treat fistula. This process allows treating anal fistula without pain and a nominal recurrence rate.
Types of Fistula:
There Are Four Types Of Fistula
- Intersphincteric Fistula:The tract begins in the space between the internal and external sphincter muscles and opens very close to the anal opening.
- Transphincteric Fistula: The tract begins in the space between the internal and external sphincter muscles or in the space behind the anus. It then crosses the external sphincter and opens an inch or two outside the anal opening. These can wrap around the body in a U shape, with external openings on both sides of the anus (called a horseshoe fistula).
- Suprasphincteric Fistula: The tract begins in the space between the internal and external sphincter muscles and turns upward to a point above the Puborectal muscle, crosses this muscle, then extends downward between the puborectal and levator ani muscle, and opens an inch or two outside the anus.
- Extrasphincteric Fistula: The tract begins at the rectum or sigmoid colon and extends downward, passes through the levator ani muscle, and opens around the anus. These fistulas are usually caused by an appendiceal abscess, diverticular abscess, or Crohn’s disease
- Pain and swelling around the anus
- Frequent anal abscesses
- Foul-smelling bloody drainage from the anal opening
- Bleeding along with stool
- Pain during bowel movements
- Fever, chills, and fatigue
- Trauma to the anal tissues
- Infection in the anal gland
- Radiation from cancer treatment
- Crohn’s disease
- Sexually transmitted disease
The best fistula doctor in Chennai is Pinak Dasgupta, who uses various advanced diagnostic tests to diagnose anal fistula. In most cases of anal fistula, the anorectal specialist can analyze it just through a physical examination. In case the condition of the anal fistula is severe, the medical expert might need to examine your rectum and anal canal. The commonly performed tests to diagnose anal fistula are:
- Digital examination: In this test, the Dr. Pinak Dasgupta fistula expert inserts a gloved, lubricated finger into the rectum to check if there are any kind of abnormal growths.
- Visual inspection: The proctologist or the anorectal surgeon might analyze the lower rectum using a proctoscope, an anoscope, or a sigmoidoscope. Using any of these devices, the doctor will carefully examine the lining of your anal tissues to check the severity and depth of your anal fistula.
- Anoscopy: The proctologist or the anorectal surgeon might analyze the lower rectum using a proctoscope, an anoscope, or a sigmoidoscope. Using any of these devices, the doctor will carefully examine the lining of your anal tissues to check the severity and depth of your anal fistula.
- Imaging tests: Your physician may also order an ultrasound or MRI of the anal area to get a better view of the fistula tract.
Treatment of Fistula By Dr. Pinak:
Fistula treatment in Chennai is done with different methods such as laser and surgical methods. Each treatment method has its advantages and disadvantages. The goal of any surgery for a fistula in the anus is to relieve the fistula or protect the anal sphincter muscles, which can cause incontinence if damaged. Dr. Pinak Dasgupta at GEM Hospital chooses the best treatment option as per discussion with patients. Looking for the best doctor for fistula treatment in Chennai, Internationally recognized surgeons at Dr.Pinak Dasgupta GEM Hospital, Chennai offers holistic treatment for complex fistula with minimal recurrence rate and almost zero incontinence rate. Fistula treatment options are below
Types of Fistula Treatment:
The most common type of surgery for anal fistulas is a fistulotomy. This involves cutting along the whole length of the fistula to open it up so it heals as a flat scar. A fistulotomy is the most effective treatment for many anal fistulas, although it’s usually done in simple fistula where the risk of incontinence is less. This procedure is not suitable in complex fistula and in cases where the risk of incontinence is considered too high, sphincter preserving procedures are recommended. Dr. Pinak Dasgupta Fistula Specialist Surgeon in Chennai uses a LASER as an adjunct to Fistulectomy to minimize the risk of damage to the sphincter muscle. Thus, with the added advantage of Laser, the chances of post-operative pain will be negligible
Ligation of the intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT):
The ligation of the intersphincteric fistula tract (LIFT) procedure is the best treatment for fistulas that pass through the anal sphincter muscles, where a fistulotomy would be too risky. This is a Highly efficient procedure with almost no recurrences or incontinence. Dr. Pinak Dasgupta, a well-known colorectal surgeon in Chennai, specializes in complex fistula surgery. Moreover, he is adept in LIFT, an advanced procedure for fistula treatment in Chennai.
Fistula-tract Laser Closure (FiLaC):
The FILAC (fistula-tract laser closure) technique aims to gently ablate the fistula tract without injuring the sphincter muscle. The procedure uses the Leonardo laser. With the patient under general anesthesia, the procedure is completed in 30 to 40 minutes.
This technique is minimally invasive and is a sphincter-sparing technique for treating complex fistulas. A video telescope helps our expert fistula surgeons see inside the fistula tract. A polar electrode for the internal pathway. During this process, it is connected to a high-frequency generator. Also, fistula brushes and forceps are used to clean the tract and clean out granulation tissue.
The fistula plug is a 100% synthetic bio-absorbable scaffold. This plug is placed in the fistula tract. Over time cells from the body migrate into the scaffold and new tissue is generated as the body gradually absorbs the plug material, leaving no permanent material in the body
Why Choose Dr. Pinak Dasgupta for Fistula treatment in Chennai?
Dr. Pinak Dasgupta is a highly skilled physician who handles several profiles including Colorectal Surgeon, Laparoscopic Surgeon, and Robotic Surgeon in Chennai To diagnose the stricture of the fistula tract and find the internal hole, Dr. Pinak Dasgupta performs the digital rectal examination. Dr. Pinak also conducts tests